The Government of Canada is increasingly targeting forced labor and child labor in supply chains. An upcoming webinar hosted by our friends at the Canadian Apparel Federation (CAF) will help businesses across the country understand the ever-growing web of legislation and governmental measures and prepare for their May 2024 reporting obligations. Our President and CEO – Avedis Seferian – will be a featured speaker during this session, which will cover a range of issues, including:
- Background on the government’s increasingly ambitious strategy on forced labor and child labor.
- Frequently asked questions on the new forced labor reporting requirement: who must file, who must approve, when to get going, and what businesses must include in their reports.
- The underreported effects of Canada’s new import ban on goods made of child labor.
- How to prepare and mitigate risks before you import goods or purchase imported goods.
- What is the Canadian Ombudsperson for Responsible Enterprise (CORE), how should apparel and retail businesses engage with it, and what is the effect of its recent investigations into apparel companies?
Follow the link below to learn more and register!
“Canada’s Three-Pronged Approach to Forced & Child Labour: An Update on Mandatory Reporting, Import Bans, and CORE Investigations”
Thursday, October 5, 2023
2 — 3 p.m. ET